Kaunas: A Unique City in Lithuania
Kaunas is an exciting city in Lithuania, nearly as old as its capital Vilnius. It is also an economic powerhouse of the country, located on Via Baltica, the main North-South route in Europe. During the interwar period, it was the informal capital of Lithuania, the seat of government and the residence of the president. And in 2022, Kaunas gained the prestigious honor of being named the European City of Culture!
Join us on our mobile tour of this amazing city! We’ll explore the Old and New Town, get a glimpse of the Aksotas district across the river, and see the 19th-century fortifications that surround the downtown. And we’ll wrap up our visit with a trip to the monastery of Pažaislio, and the open-air museum in Rumšiškės! It’s going to be so exciting!
Get ready to explore the city with an exclusive English-language guide!
You don’t have to miss out on anything when you’re visiting Kaunas! Our app has over 50 awesome attractions and sights, all described in detail by a team of experienced locals. Get ready to explore!
- We are absolutely delighted to present a map function that covers both Kaunas and Rumšiškės, and it can be accessed without being connected to the internet!
- When to go. Check out the opening hours and the best time to visit.
- How to get there. Discover the ideal, quickest, and most picturesque routes to reach your goal.
- Trivia. Discover amusing or intriguing tidbits about where you’re going!
- Best photos. Discover the famous spots where iconic photographs were taken!
And… If you’re finding yourself a bit bored with the views in Kaunas, why not get our mobile guide and hop on a train to Vilnius and shake it up a bit?