Zakopane – the tourist capital of Poland
Zakopane is located at the foot of the Tatras, Poland’s highest mountains, with their steep peaks rising high above the city’s rooftops. The iconic Kasprowy Wierch cable car ascends the main ridge, said to be watched over by the legendary knight sleeping beneath Giewont. It is also where visitors can savour the renowned Highlanders’ oscypek cheese and sip sour żętyca. Just three hours away from the core of Zakopane, in the heart of the High Tatras, lies the famous Morskie Oko. For a good reason, it is considered one of the five most beautiful mountain lakes in the world.
Awesome Zakopane (and Tatras)
This mobile guide is the perfect companion for your trip to Zakopane and the Tatra Mountains in Poland! It contains all the essential info about the city and its attractions, plus loads of additional details that will help you make the most of your visit. So why wait? Get ready to explore!
- When to go. Check out the opening hours and the best time to visit.
- How to get there. Discover the ideal, quickest, and most picturesque routes to reach your goal.
- Tips for trips. Looking for some ideas for an upcoming excursion? We’ve got a great selection of day or half-day trips in the Tatra Mountains. All conveniently marked on a tourist map and ready to go! What a treat!
- Trivia. Discover amusing or intriguing tidbits about where you’re going!
But the best part is… the Audioguides!
Audio guides to Zakopane and Tatras
Discover all of Zakopane and the Tatra Mountains with our five extraordinary Audio Guides! They feature an integrated, offline map with each and every spot! No more fretting over roaming costs or a lack of signal, you can even use them when you have no reception!
- Make a pilgrimage to the planet’s most captivating lake – Morskie Oko! Our journey begins in Palenica Białczańska and culminates next to Czarny Staw, overlooking the lake. It’s an experience you won’t forget!
- Kasprowy Wierch. Get ready to be taken on a thrilling journey up Kasprowy Wierch with this Audioguide! It includes two narrative descriptions of the surroundings, perfect for the ride up the mountain. For those who don’t speak Polish, it’s a great way to get full experience in English! Available also in Polish, German, Ukrainian and Lithuanian!)
- Come join us for a fun trip up Gubałówka, the well-known lookout for the Tatras. We’ll make our way from the top of Gubałówka to Butorowy Wierch. Get ready to have an awesome time!
- The Kościeliska Valley is widely renowned as the most picturesque valley in the Polish Tatras! An adventure of six kilometres filled with rocky formations, ruins of old villages, and stunning scenery. It’s an awe-inspiring experience!
- Krupówki – an essential promenade in Poland – is a must-visit! Explore what sorts of delights await you there!
And if you’ve had enough of scaling the peaks, why not treat yourself to a trip to Krakow, the exciting #1 tourist destination in Poland!
Available language versions